Frequently Asked Questions
How old does my child have to be to be a Club member?
- Membership is available for boys and girls ages 7-18. You do not have to be a Watertown resident.
How much does a membership cost?
- A membership costs $25 for the school year and lasts from September to the end of the school year.
- Summer camp participants must register for a summer membership, which is $10.
My child is a member – what does he/she get for his/her membership?
- ow that your child is a Club member, they are welcome to drop in any day (Mon through Fri after 2:30 p.m.) throughout the school year. Club membership allows them access to the building where they can participate in a number of drop-in activities, such as dodgeball, free swim, homework help, nature programs, air hockey tournaments, art classes, and more!
- Membership also allows your child to sign up for any of our registered programs, which usually require a small additional fee. Some registered programs include Intro to Guitar class, Biddy Basketball league, and America Clicks computer tutoring.
What days are you open?
- The Club is open Monday through Friday for drop-in and registered programs. We are open on Saturdays for registered programs ONLY (i.e. Biddy Basketball and Swim Team). We are closed on Sundays.
What about school vacation weeks?
- NEW THIS YEAR: We are offering Vacation Programs during school vacation weeks. Check back soon for more information.
What about “early release” days?
- On “early release” days, the Club is open from 12:00 to 8:30 p.m., Cadet Members (ages 7 to 10): 12:00 – 6:00 P.M., Junior Members (ages 11 to 12): 12:00 – 7:00 P.M., Teen Members (ages 13+): 12:00 – 8:30 P.M (On the Wednesday before Thanksgiving when schools get out early, Club hours will shift to accommodate the changes.)
- Please note that for school vacation weeks, early release, and no school days, the Club follows the schedule of the Watertown School Systems. If your child attends school in another community, please contact the Club to confirm our hours for any days in question.
What about snow days?
- In the event of snow days, please check our website or Facebook page for updates.
Does the Club provide snacks?
- In partnership with Stop & Shop on Pleasant Street, we now offer healthy snacks daily! Each member can help themselves to apples, bananas, pears and oranges.
Can my child leave the building?
- The Club maintains an open-door policy. This means that supervision is provided for members INSIDE the Club, and during occassional Club-organized activities both outside and offsite.
- Members ages 7-10 should remain in supervised areas at all times. Members ages 11+ are allowed to leave the Club and re-enter one time per day.
- It is the responsibility of the parent to discuss expectations around staying inside with their child.
Does my child have to be a member to attend Summer Camp?
- Yes, all campers must also be members of the Club. You can purchase a Summer Membership for $10
Do you have anything for kids younger than 7?
- You must be 7 years old to attend our drop-in and registered programs. However, we offer swim lessons starting at 6 months old. Please visit our Aquatics page for more information.
My child is not attending summer camp – what else happens in the summer?
- We offer Camp at Hale Reservation and Swim Camp during the summer months. The Club is closed for drop-in and registered programs.
How do I learn about registered programs?
- We have a variety of registered programs that happen throughout the year. These offerings will be posted on our website, on our Facebook page, and in the Club. Registered programs require a sign-up and usually have a fee associated with them.
My child lost something at the Club. Do you have a lost & found?
- The Club is not responsible for lost or stolen items. We encourage members to keep valuables (i.e. money, phones, iPads) at home. Members can also bring in their own lock and use a locker.
- We have a Lost & Found bin located in the cubby room in the Gamesroom. Items in this bin are donated every Wednesday.