Summer Adventure: Camp at Hale
Summer Adventure is a camp program for members ages 7-12. The program offers youth a safe environment to build skills, foster new friendships, learn self-reliance, and become more confident all while having fun and being active in the great outdoors! Activities include fishing, boating, arts & crafts, hiking, sports, and much more.
Summer Adventure is held at beautiful Hale Reservation in Westwood, MA.
To register in person, please complete the above form and bring to the Club’s Front Desk with a $50 non-refundable deposit in form of cash or check (made payable to “Watertown Boys & Girls Club”) for each week you wish to register.
A summer membership to WBGC is required. Summer membership fee is $10.00.
2020 Summer Adventure Dates
- Week 3: Monday, July 6th – Friday, July 10th
- Week 4: Monday, July 13th – Friday, July 17th
- Week 5: Monday, July 20th – Friday, July 24th
- Week 6: Monday, July 27th – Friday, July 31st
- Week 7: Monday, August 3rd – Friday, August 7th
- Week 8: Monday, August 10th – Friday, August 14th
- Week 9: Monday, August 17th – Friday, August 21st
- Week 10: Monday, August 24th – Friday, August 28th
Junior Camp Leader Program
This leadership position is for ages 13 and up. Teens looking to earn credit for community service hours are able to use half of the hours worked at Summer Adventure. Space is limited! Registration is first come first served.
Teens enrolled must complete BOTH nights of our “BGCA Junior Staff Training Program” held on June 8th and June 9th from 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.. Credit for community service hours will be given!
|Camper (ages 7-12)||$240/week|
|JCL (ages 13+)||$125/week|
|$10 summer membership fee required per child.|
For Financial Aid, please complete the Financial Aid Application and send to Kerry Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is May 1, 2020.
Sample Daily Schedule for Summer Adventure
- 8:00 a.m. Drop-off at Watertown Boys & Girls Club / Free Play in Gym & Gamesroom
- 9:00 a.m. Bus Departs WBGC for Hale
- 9:30 a.m. Morning Assembly
- 10:00 a.m. Hiking
- 10:30 a.m. Swim Lessons
- 11:30 a.m. Arts & Crafts / Board Games
- 12:00 p.m. Lunch (campers should bring bagged lunch with non-perishable items and reusable water bottle)
- 1:00 p.m. Archery / Fishing
- 2:00 p.m. Free Swim & Boating
- 4:00 p.m. Bus Departs Hale for WBGC
- 4:45 p.m. Bus Arrives at WBGC
- 5:00 p.m. Free Play in Gym & Gamesroom
- 5:30 p.m. Pick up.
Campers must be picked up no later than 5:30 p.m. We cannot leave a child unattended to wait. Campers must be signed out each day. Please be prepared to show identification.